Re: [at-l] I'm Baaaaack! KC's great adventure #1

In a message dated 10/22/98 9:14:42 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
felton@bluenet.net writes:

<<  Of course I still didn't feel well and
 Four Winds sure took some of those curves awfully fast,,,almost causing me
 to ask her to pull over so I wouldn't mess up her jeep,,,but we made it! I
 hope they made it back home cause Beth was trying to give directions and
 they were coming up with all kinds of different ways you could get from
 here to there!  >>

We ending up back in North Carolina once but it was only a small directional
error that was just a few miles off.  lol.  We got back pretty fast actually.
Just a note about my driving...It has taken me a long time to learn how to
drive around here.  Coming from flat, multi-lane roads as I do, it was awhile
before I realized that you are supposed to straddle that yellow line in the
middle of the road.  I always thought you stayed to the right of it.  Not so
in Tennessee.  Then if you come around a curve and another vehicle is coming
at you, the larger vehicle has the right of way.  It works pretty good as soon
as you learn things like...A Dodge Ram truck will always have right of way.  I
have also learned to keep my jeep kind of dirty...that way those bright lights
behind you don't glare so bad.  There is no such thing as a safe following
distance in this state.  And another major rule is, if you slow down on the
curve, the truck behind you will assume you are stalled and need a push.

Four Winds
GA > ME 00