Re: Re: [at-l] Re: water filters

>You haven't convinced me, Art.  The Pur Hiker comes with a handy dandy
>
>bottle filler connection at the end of the outlet hose. The only way you can
>
>contaminate is if you get a germie on the INSIDE of that filler connection.
>
>I store the filler connection at the other end of the case from the input
>
>acorn.  It doesn't matter in the slightest if the hoses intermingle in the
>
>bag. Regards, "Poet"

The problem is that not all water containers fit the handy bottle filler unit.
Many people are forced to put the hose directly into their bottles.  It is
also possible for contaminated water from the outside of the hose to trickle
into the hose if the two sections are stored together.  However, I agree that
it is unlikely.  And I agree that it would be impossible and not a lot of fun
to protect oneself from all possible infection.  Life is a risk.  And not much
fun without the risk.

									Art