[at-l] Burst Appendix

                    Date:
                         Sat, 11 Apr 1998 09:18:46 -0700
                    From:
                         George Cathcart <georgec@speedchoice.com>
                      To:
                         at-l@hack.net
                         Re: [at-l] Cellular Telephones
                         7bit

As I read this I couldn't help but think about Charles Floyd, the only
member of the Lewis and Clark expedition to die along the way. From the
descriptions in the journals, modern physicians have concluded he died
of a burst appendix. Ironically, medical science at the time was such
that had this affliction struck him while in the finest hospital in
Philadelphia, he would have died. They didn't know what an appendix was
then.

I'm glad Karl is okay.

gc

Ern Grover "Time-Maker" -- Father & Son Clockworks wrote:

> Karl Erpenbeck and I set out from Hiawassee (Deep Creek Gap) on April 4th
> for our section hike to Springer.  Last minute preparations at our motel
> room lightened out packs to about 38 pounds each.  I contemplated leaving
> my cellular telephone behind.
>
> We only planned to hike perhaps 7 miles or so the first day.  Having
passed
> Deep Creek Gap around lunch time, we proceeded southerly toward Kelly
Knob.

http://www.hack.net/lists *

--
George Cathcart