Re: [at-l] Cellular Telephones (dejavu)

<< Everyone who goes outdoors should have some training--I have both--I'm an
EMT, but a phone certainly can't hurt! >>

I have to agree.  Yes, we all do have to "hike our own hike."  While for some
people carrying a phone might ruin the wilderness experience, some may like
the comfort.  And who of us, ever, in a situation with a child, a parent, a
spouse,  or even a good friend, can honestly say they would not use a phone to
save their lives, given the choice?  I respect other peoples views on this -
but I, for one, would never forgive myself if my child died just because I
thought cel phones had no place in the wilderness.

The Redhead