[at-l] Phil Roman

Phil wrote asking about upstate NY Memorial day peakbagging. I'm part of a
trail crew that  regularly works Memorial Day weekend up in the 'Daks, in
addition to having done a lot of hiking  up there. I've had very little problem
with the flies that early, but the weather can be chancy, I've seen everything
from sleet and ice to 70 degrees and blue sky (on the same day), so you end up
packing everyting from shorts to fleece and Gore-tex. Conditions also depend
on the remanents of winter, last year was a  weak winter but they got hit
late,  so there was more snowpack than I've ever seen that late. Best bet is to
call the Adirondack Loj a week before you leave to  see what the conditions
are, and then be prepared for anything...
  Peace, Skeeter....