Re: [at-l] re: superlight baby!

At 08:53 PM 1/7/98 PST, Pete Fornof wrote:
>carrying too much weight. So, I went out and bought a much smaller "day
>and a half" pack. The specific model was a Dana Bomb Pack. (don't carry
>in Atlanta). I just did a 40 mile hike on the AT in November with it,
>carrying winter gear and tent. My total weight, not including water was
>25 lbs. I had food left over, so I could have had a lighter pack if I
>had planned the food correctly. (actually, we hiked the distance much
>faster than we thought!)

A question for successful ultralighters.... how much of your stuff goes
INSIDE the pack, and how much goes OUTSIDE?  I did an overnight last year
with a 2000 cubic inch daypack, and it went fine, but my sleeping pad,
bivy, and maybe even my bag were strapped to the outside.  On the other
hand, I know that I can get everything for a week INSIDE a 4,500 cubic inch
pack.

-- Jim