Re: [at-l] !!!!!!BIIIIGGGG BEAR!!!!!!!!

   There was a bear harvested this year right on the AT near the Allentown
shelter in PA..........785 lbs!!!!!!   This was the actual weight, before
field dressing.  As far as I have heard, this was one of the biggest(if not
THE biggest) black bear shot this year in PA.  It doesn't really surprise me,
however--on several different occasions, I have personally seen a 800 lb-plus
bear near the George Outerbridge shelter here in PA.  This bear has been
hanging around the shelter area for a few years now.  I have never had a
problem with them--just make sure you don't leave any food unattended!