[at-l] "Don't cry for me, Appalachia........."

DEAD 70's:
Well, any 'head will tell you that the boys were not a studio band.  Most
of the '70s stuff that was terrible on album actually plays pretty well
live.  Of course, "disco dead" are two words that SHOULD be used in the
same sentence, only not in this context.  ;)

AT IN MARYLAND:  {at least SOME of this post should be on-topic :)  }

I've done Pen Mar south to I-70.  I was thinking about doing Gathland to
I-70 this weekend, but I figure there will be WAY too many people on
board.  Don't know about the rocks in PA, but the ones just before
Hemlock Hills were bad enough. Blew out a seam on my nice, new boots
there last year. (then Asolo replaced 'em :(     Didn't mind the new
boots, but my old ones were broken in!!!!)  Terrain is not bad for the
most part.  One powerline corridor is pretty bad southbound. (ascending)
'Bout whooped me!  Of course, I'm TERRIBLY out of shape.  I know that
doesn't help much. I'll let ya know if I change my mind this w/e.

THE GATHERING:     (kinda cool name.  Sorta sounds eerie, don't it?)
OK, so I know I'll make this one. Anybody else?

FIRST AT EXPERIENCE:
I had been reading about it for quite a while. In fact, I had decided to
thru-hike one day before setting foot on the trail!   The first time I
was on the trail was Gathland State Park.  my wife & I did
about.........30 yards of the trail southbound.  My first hike started at
the hang glider pad outside of Pen Mar. Bushwhacked a bit before I
finally asked the guy setting up his glider if he knew where the AT was!
 Got started & absolutely loved it.  Funny though. Again, I'm terribly
out of shape, and carry WAY too much weight internally. :)   Most times,
do about 16-18 miles a weekend, & then sore for days after.  I still
can't stop dreaming about being out though.  It pretty well consumes most
of my daydreaming time.  Anybody else notice that?

Staredge
GA-ME ???