[at-l] Re: a little perspective

This post seemed a little sharp to me. The verbage was intended to dull
the edge, but the tone still seemed somewhat inflamatory. One thing
every hiker knows is: hike your hike. If there is a hiker that doesn't
know that already, they can't read this list for long without picking it
up. I have not felt at all intimidated by Jason's mileage reports, nor
have I felt compelled to try to equal his distances. I have been
somewhat impressed, but that doen't make me want to attempt it anymore
than a heavy metal song makes me want to kill someone. Jason is merely
posting his mileage as part of his journal, as are all the thru hikers
that are being gracious enough to allow us to share what is normally a
personal thing (their journals). I don't think it's fair to Jason to
attribute his mileages to nothing more than "Macho Mileage Mentality".
He's just hiking his hike, and sharing his experience with all of us. I
want to personally thank all of the Class of '97 that are allowing us to
share their hikes.

David