[at-l] Re: a little perspective

When I thru hiked my husband liked to post my mileage.  He likes details
like that.  However, when I redid my journals, I took the mileage out (he
went to a lot of trouble, too, to figure out my miles).   Jason probably
likes details.  So let him post his mileage.  Everyone got after me for
my big miles, too, but I was so obsessed with the trail I couldn't help
myelf.  And if you are hiking by yourself you can do big miles.   If you
put me on the trail today and told me to do a twenty, I don't think I
could do it.  Unless you've experienced that obsession you wouldn't
understand its power.

Gutsy