Re: [at-l] Sleeping pads

On 06-Feb-97 Diana ^(raven)^ wrote:
>Sandra Downs wrote:
>>
>> Just wondering what best to "tie down" my 3/4 Thermarest with so I can hang
>> it from the pack or stuff it inside? I tried a bungee cord but the sharp
>> ends looked like they'd make short work of the pad. Suggestions?
>
>REI sells flat webbing with the plastic buckles on them - similar to the
>straps you find all over a pack. I was thinking of using this and
>tightening the strap to keep my thermarest from unrolling, or
>alternatively, making a small stuff sack to mush it into.

Thermarest sells a stuff sack for $5-10, avail at REI.  Works great, but you do
have to roll the pad pretty tight and it takes a little practice getting it
into the stuff sack without it uncoiling.  If its wet, I just put it inside my
pack.  If it's dry, I use some of those wide straps and strap it down on
the outside.

Best regards,
D^2