RE: [at-l] Sleeping pads

Sandy,
> Just wondering what best to "tie down" my 3/4 Thermarest with so I can hang
> it from the pack or stuff it inside? I tried a bungee cord but the sharp
> ends looked like they'd make short work of the pad. Suggestions?

If your using a external frame pack you might try this trick.  We made our own
oversize stuff sacks for the sleeping bags.  Then we inserted the pad in the sack
then stuffed the sleeping bag in the middle of the pad.  The stuff sack protects the
pad and the pad protects the bag and adds an extra layer of water protection for
the sleeping bag.

Ron Moak