Re: [at-l] Sleeping pads

> Just wondering what best to "tie down" my 3/4 Thermarest with so I can hang
> it from the pack or stuff it inside? I tried a bungee cord but the sharp
> ends looked like they'd make short work of the pad. Suggestions?

I use straps that I found at Wal-Mart or K-Mart.  They have a "buckle" like
the straps on my pack instead of a hook.  I also use ones that have a
buckle what is spring loaded.  I usually strap my sleeping pad and my
sleeping bag together at the bottom of my external frame pack.  A friend
straps his pad to the ice axe loops on his internal frame...

--
S. Schuyler Stultz              Recognition Research Inc.
schuyler@rrinc.com              1872 Pratt Drive Suite 1200