Re: [at-l] Sleeping Pads

>I have a 15 year old 3/4 length ThermaRest that has served me very well.
>As far as insulation for the bottom 1/4, I just put some clothes under
>my legs. I used to use an Ensolite pad when I was younger (closed cell),
>but it became uncomfortable. I now use a piece of it for a butt pad when
>sitting.
>
>I agree with Gutsy. There's nothing like a good night's sleep. Go for
>comfort here.
>
>Peter H. Fornof
>athiker@plantnet.com
>broknspoke@aol.com

and i agree with you both. (and the rest of you that said the same)  i
have slept on more things on my thermarest than you can imagine; rocks,
pinecones, sticks, bigger sticks, logs, the back of trucks, sandstone,
picnic tables (hey it was dry and flat :0) etc.  it never fails to give
me a great night's sleep.  your only question is, "do your feet get cold
easily?"  if they do then get the full length, and if they don't, then
get the 3/4.

another great thing about the thermarest, is the thermarestR.  that's the
little cloth setup that they (thermarest co.) put out that makes a chair
out of it.  it's great.  well worth the weight again.

sleep well.

nater

--
     ...every color, and class, and rank; high officials
          and the beggar alike - all snored in the same