[at-l] MSR whisperlite

Hi,
   I just bought a whisperlite last august. I've never used one
before, so I don't really know how they're supposed to work, but I was
having a hard time trying to get the gas to come out to prime the
stove. I frequently had to wait a minute or two after opening the
valve, even when I pumped the tank up to a high pressure. A few weeks
ago, I went on a group backpacking trip, and the person who was using
my stove was having the same problem, only he said it wasn't normal. I
was wondering if other people have had a similar problem, and what
could be done to fix it. Thanks!

						-Martha Montague
						ME -> GA '98