Re: [at-l] Shoe Goo (was Ripped Rain Jacket)

On Thu, 30 Jan 1997, Frank Reid wrote:
> available in small foil packages good for backpacking. Don't inhale Shoe
> Goo fumes.

I did once, by accident - ooh the colors (much the same effect as eating
an entire can of Eazy Cheez, the spray cheese substitute in a can).

Leading a trip on the AT, I realized my pack was waaaay to heavy
(paranioa that comes from being in charge of a group).  A CT Ridge Runner
who was heading into town the next day offered to throw out my tube of
Shoe Goo (really heavy).  I almost said yes, but changed my mind at the
last minute.  The next day, a girls soles seperated from her hiking boot
most of the way (cheap LL Bean light hikers made by Merril, I have the
same ones).  Shoe Goo fixed it and kept her sneaker-hiking to one
afternoon. Yay goo.

I worked with a guy who used to say that perfect paranioa is perfect
preparedness.

jeff (are the Boy Scouts all paranoids?)