[at-l] Domains of Rights?

One of the subjects that I have glossed over in classes is the idea of
morals and related to it, rights.

Do we (hikers) have the inalienable (sp?) right to a Viewshed?  Your
condo is in my line of sight, tear it down?  (Extreme example, I know).
Where do these ideas come from - is it somehow related to the idea that
humans have a special connection to nature and have the right to drop
thier Internet and reclaim it at any moment (and 2000+ mi worth of it)?

Alternatively people could make the argument for asthetics, that you
don't have the right to put something ugly where I'm looking (even if you
were there first).  If that is the case, then Dodge is going to have to
recall a whole lot of really ugly colored Neons.

Can anyone tell me where the legal basis for this came from? (Appologies
if it has already been done, I had 100 messages from AL-L when I logged on
today and have not read all carefully).

-jeff