Re: [at-l] Pack Covers

Pete: I'm at the same place you are on pack covers. My REI is very thin and
ineffective now and I was really tempted by the ATC cover. It did look heavy.
Iguess it boils down to how you use it. I'm not going to thru-hike, just
section hike. I saw the pack of a woman from my town who thru-hiked last year
and her pack was as new (good pack cover not a garbage bag)! I ship my pack
(airlines) when I go out west to hike and only have the packcover tied around
it. The cover does take a few hits that way. Also I have an external frame so
the cover protects all those hanging-on things that tend to stick out and
catch limbs, etc.