[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[at-l] Considering a thru-hike, many questions.
- Subject: [at-l] Considering a thru-hike, many questions.
- From: DCHATHAM@VM.TEMPLE.EDU
- Date: Fri, 17 Jan 97 13:34:19 EST
Hi everyone, my name is Dan. I'm a senior at Temple Univ. in Philadelphia, but
home is in California.
I am thinking about a thru hike, and am not sure where to begin my planning.
If you can answer any of my questions, or offer some advice, I'd appreciate it
- Can the length be done in 3 months, solo?
- What range of weather can be expected GA>ME from mid-may to Labor Day?
- How far apart are the average food drops, in days or miles at a quick pace?
- Has anyone out there been successful with only 4 months planning?
- Does anyone have the number for the ATC?
- How bad is the humidity?
- What is the most elevation gained in one stretch?
I am trying to determine first if this is possible, then I'll begin working the
actual logistics. Is there a documented, systematic approach to planning that
I am not aware of?
Being new to this group, I'm sorry if these are ignorant questions, but that's
why I'm asking them. :*)
-----------------------------------------------< http://www.hack.net/lists >--
This message is from the Appalachian Trail Mailing List [AT-L]
To unsubscribe email email@example.com with a message containing
the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the body. List admin can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org