Re: [at-l] BIRTH CONTROL

>Date: Wed, 08 Jan 1997 13:13:09
>To: rdubois@VNET.IBM.COM
>From: Mark Holmes <mholmes@netva.com>
>Subject: Re: [at-l] BIRTH CONTROL
>
>At 10:25 AM 1/8/97 EST, you wrote:
>

>>Anyway, on a more serious note (and in an effort to educate
>>as I explain) some of the other benefits of being on the pill
>>are an extremely regular menstrual cycle (a definite plus for
>>a thru-hike) as well as reduced cramping and nausea for many
>>women.  Those two reasons were enough for me to decide to
>>include my little pink pill pack.
>
>Rachel,
>Please note that I hardly qualify as an expert in this area! However, I can
comment on my wife's experience.  You may find that your period will go away
all together due to the extreme physical exercise you are going thru. My
wife didn't have one after the first month on the trail. I think that may be
a rather common experience for women on a thru-hike, but I will let the past
women thru-hikers comment on that.