Re: [at-l] nite hiking

-
>This message is from the Appalachian Trail Mailing List             [AT-L]
>To unsubscribe email at-l-request@saffron.hack.net with a message containing

   My 94 hike included a couple of *night* hikes (by choice).  The first was
across
Max Patch on a fairly decent moon lit night... The only problem witn the
night hike
was not being able to sing a few choruses from "The Sound of Music" and seeing
the *Alps*. (Eagle 94 aka Blue Bottom, was the one that had me psyched for the
choruses...

  Had no problems following the trail tho,,, didn't need a head-lamp (never
carried
one).

  The other night hike took me across Big Bald (no slur on Bald Eagle), to
Big Bald
shelter,,, didn't hike all night tho, just to about 0200... Also didn't need
any light to
find the way...

  It's worth at least one time to try a night *troop & stomp*,  if nothing
else, just to
*hike-your-own-hike*....

  Hey, southern MN has a heat wave, we're up to 20 deg above....

         Dick & Lyn  Wix     (Tropical; Rochester, MN)
                 aka  "WIXeR"  AT-94  GA->ME
                       wixer@sparc.isl.net
       We'll get there,,,, when we get there.!!" - obscure