[at-l] Water filters etc

Writing again on behalf of my son Ian (Wagtail).  Thanks to everyone for the
VERY helpful advice that has arrived re water filters.  It's particularly
appreciated as I know that the subject has probably been done to death
before.  But that's the amazing thing about this list ... it really is a
cooperative and helpful group.

So, perhaps I could be allowed one more query.  Ian would very much like to
know if there are any Aussie through hikers around who he could contact for
a briefing.  While his planning is pretty thorough, doing it from the other
side of the world does raise a few problems (another one of which seems to
be finding overnight accomodation near Atlanta airport which doesn't cost an
arm and a leg).

Thanks again to everyone.

Cheers

Brian Miller  (Canberra, Australia)