[AT-L] down & going tentless

There is an alternate to tentless. Take a tarp, weighs much less.
We did the 100 mile wilderness last year and the next 100 south of there
this year with only a tarp. We used it three nights in the wilderness
and one night this year. Both years were late August so the bugs were
not a problem. We did have rain at least once with no problem.

There are a few campsites that are much prettier than some of the
shelter sites. For example, Antlers in the 100 mile wilderness has got
to be in the top 10 pretty campsites.