Re:lost hiker in SNP

On Thu, 19 Sep 1996 UCanDoBetr@aol.com wrote:

> What happened to the lost hiker in the SNP (from last week's postings on this
> list)? Has he been found? What happened to him (I remember reading that he
> was overdue a few days, I think)?

I was at SNP yesterday and asked Ranger Stiles about the search.  He
indicated that they had found no trace of the hiker. (He's been missing, I
believe, since August 30. There is a link to aWash. Post story about the
case at the URL: www.fred.net/kathy/at/tragedy.html where there are also
some new links to stories in today's paper about the press conference held
at the park yesterday, as well as to some additional materials written by
Julie Williams' parents.

--Kathy