Re: Dehydrator - how much

On Mon, 13 May 1996 14:30:13 -0500 (CDT), ms10@crux2.cit.cornell.edu
wrote:

>  Also, I was just reading the comments on food dehydrators. ..  what
>kind of price range do they tend to come under?

Marjolein,

Campmor has an American Harvester listed for $79.99.  But I think you
can get them for quite a bit less, around $50 or so, at Walmart or some
such store.  Be sure to get those fruit leather trays too...  BTW, the
Amer. Harv. jerky mix is pretty good too.  Make it with ground beef as
in directions, or I took the mix and added some soy sauce,
worcestershire sauce, and a little bourbon and marinated some london
broil.  Very good!  (hic)  .. just kidding, but the bourbon does add a
lot of flavor :)

-Dave

Dave DeCroix
decroix@brunt.meas.ncsu.edu