introduction

I'm new to "serious" hiking. For the first time in a very long time I now
have time to spend pursuing an interest that has been dormant for quite
some time.

Professionally I have spent the past 26 years in education. Currently I'm
an academic advisor at Appalachian State University in Boone, North
Carolina.

I live quite close to the Blue Ridge Parkway for which I am very grateful.

Am interested in hearing from hikers who go out on afternoon and week-end
trips. Occasional week trips too.

Also from female hikers I would like to hear the subject of hiking alone
and being safe addressed.--

Bea Wellborn

wellbrnbl@conrad.appstate.edu