Re: Bear Stuff

JoelSapp  writes while bear looking..........:

>BTW, as if you would have time to make such a determination, but a
ranger in Denali told me that there is a school of thought that
says you can outrun a griz down a steep incline since their center
of gravity is such that they must "lumber" down at a slow pace.

>> Did someone out there say something about firecrackers and
scaring off bears?

 On griz, what's any thoughts on, if one gets on you, would one of
those hand-held stunguns be of any good? Probably better, a tazer?