Re: Where can I stay in Hot Springs N.C.?

I've been to Hot Springs NC many, many times.  I've always stayed in the
campground because I'm a miser.  The gnats are bad along the French Broad
River there at times, but go away once the sun goes down.

There is a motel in Hot Springs: Alpine Court Motel real close to a small
store. There is the Bridge Street Inn. It's in my guide as having a shared
bath, and it's over the Bridge Street Cafe (which used to be the Trailside
Cafe). It can't be much.  There's Creekside Cottage which I am unfamiliar
with.  It is located at the Blue Ridge Rafting.
Ramsey's Apartments has overnight rental for hikers with 2 bdrms, kitchen,
furnished for $75 a night.

Then of course there is the Jesuit Hostel for thru-hikers; "The Inn" (phone #
704-622-7206) which is a house in the middle of town ran by Elmer Hall (meals
are vegetarian).  No smoking.  Donations  of $12 a night plus donations for
meals.   "The Ducket House Inn" (phone # 704-622-7621) is a farmhouse on the
outskirts of town(but not far from downtown).  Real pretty setting. Rates are
$22 a person which includes breakfast.  There are also tentsites there, which
I didn't know before. One place not mentioned in "Wingfoot's" guide is called
"The Brick House" which is probably rather expensive.  It is an entire house
you can rent.  More for the vacationer I would suppose.  That phone # is
704-622-3425.

I hope all this helps you find a place to stay.  It's a nice little town.
 You'll like it!