Date: Sun, 11 Feb 1996 21:45:29 -0500
From: 103756.475@compuserve.com
To: kathy@fred.net
Subject: Guestbook

My wife (Renee) and I (Dave) will begin our thruhike late this April. It's
really exciting to read about all the others who are planning the same.
We're well on our way to selecting and completing all our gear
purchases, although the food planning is a little daunting. We're
actually trying to dehydrate much of our food ourselves, and have it
mail-dropped to us.

Your page is a great info source and I get a real kick out of it. Helps
us realize  how many people have been successful. And even those who
don't make it all the way still assure us it's a great trip. Looking
forward to joining the ranks.

We live in the Detroit area now, but will relocate after finishing the
trail, to northern NH. One problem we have now is, who will take care of
our spunky 15 year old dog, Mindy, while we're gone. She has the heart
of a hiker, but not the hips, we fear. We're talking her up to our
friends, but if any past, future or would be thru hikers could aid us...
We'd even be willing to dog swap. You watch Mindy this year, we watch
[fido's name here] next year. For more info, e-mail soon (before my 10
free hours on compuserve expire and I change my e-mail address) or snail
mail at 7818 Mead, Dearborn MI 48126.

ALSO love to compare notes with other 96 AT thru hikers, maybe even rides.