Hello AT!

Hi to everyone,
I recently joined this list and thought it was about time to say my
introductions... I'm planning on starting my thu-hike the first of May,
after graduation.  Yes, I know it's kinda late, but it's the only way it
can be done.  I hope to finish by the first part of October, so Mt.
Katadyn shouldn't be closed. Anyone else planning on a late start?

I have most of my gear already, but still have a few items to pick up.  I
have a pair of Zamberlan Boots that I recently bought from REI.  They are
the only pair of boots that I've found that really fit, but the glue is
already coming undone in a few places. I suppose this is common.(Just
bring a full tube of shoe glue) I'm also thinking of supplimenting the
pair of boots with some cross-trainer shoes.  This would mean I wouldn't
have to buy 4 pairs of 140+ dollar boots.  Many times I would rather hike
in lightweight fabric/leather boots or shoes anyway.  Is this this a
good idea?

I'd appreciate any input.

Happy trails,

Mike Hartman (Acer)