[at-l] History of the Internet

### Ooops. OK, well, count my previous post as my
"Meee toooo" to Weary.

Yuz guize need to let this rest about now.....

FWIW, my grad school was an early darpanet
participant, and outside of giving my department's
volleyball team a name, the only use students made of
it was for trading different versions of the old IBM
"Star Trek" game code, or discussing which city
(Rochester, Palo Alto, Pasadena, Annie Arbor, etc) had
the best cheeeeeeeseburgers. That last one made me
skeptical of most things net for many years......

luditoe

--- Bob C <ellen@clinic.net> wrote:

> Many people like to believe the myth that the
> internet grew out of the efforts of dedicated
> computer scientists unfettered by government
> intervention. But the truth is the taxpayer
> supported National Science Foundation paid most of
> the bills, then and now.
>
> The modern Internet would not have happened without
> the leadership of people like Gore, just as the
> modern Appalachian Trail would not exist had it not
> been for President Johnson and a few Congressional
> leaders.
>
> Weary

Spatior! Nitor! Nitor! Tempero!
   Pro Pondera Et Meliora.