[at-l] History of the Internet

--- Paul Magnanti <pmags@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Bob thin[k]s politicans did it and had the vision.
>
> I say no one had the vision. It was an organic thing
> that happened over time.
>
> nyway..let's just agree to disagree.

### Oh pooh, Mags, that's just a handy way to get out
of being wrong. Ask Benton MacKaye: alllll the vision
in the world ain't gonna get nuthin' built but for the
bucks. And the guys handing out the bucks ain't
generally known for vision (defined here as the
ability to see any benefits beyond their own districts
or the current budget cycle). "Organic"??? Sure. Just
like the AT. Right?

NOT.

SOMEBODY had a boatload of vision. Ask your local
historian.

sloeeeeetoe