[at-l] re: WD must die (was: Snodrog5 at aol.com)

> Oh well we all have responsibilities.
> Rogene

Don't sweat it Rogene. Some folks are so unhappy with their own lives that
they have to constantly criticize everyone else's. If it ain't WD or Wingy,
it'd be someone else. (And no, Toey, I'm not singling you out. I think your
gripe is legitimate, if a bit long-held.)

I like taking care of my dad. It's a lot of work that I didn't ask for, but
it's an honor. He's 66, and he has a good bit of rental property. It's all
old, and it always needs work. I started out this Summer with him,
supposedly part-time, helping him rebuild a place that the roof had crashed
in on. As time went by, he got more "stove up" and worked less and less. I
worked more and more. I haven't been able to hike any this Summer, save for
weekenders (It doesn't count if it isn't four or five days!), but my life is
good because I choose to see it that way.

School started back two days ago, and I'm back at work getting a degree in
wrangling ones and zeros. It's gonna be even harder getting in a hike, but
it's becoming a necessity, because I'm having a hard time being around folks
quite so much, and that's a sure sign. So.....

Get ahead with the rental repair crap, hope something new doesn't break; get
ahead at school and hope for no sneak-attack quizzes on the days that I'm
laying out. Then take a long-weekend, 4-day attitude adjustment on the trail
(Bartram, probably). I just wish that all of life's problems were that easy
to solve! Now if I just owned a c*ll-ph*ne...

Nightwalker