[at-l] re: Snodrog5 at aol.com

Well...Warrens first hike in '73 may not have been "van" supported, but
you= 'll recall that on a 66 1/2 day hike his Dad met him at trail
crossings in the family car for a month. Cooked him supper, too.

Wow, what a revelation. This means if I had hiked between HS and college
and not gotten married and had a baby in 73. I could have partaken of
Waren's father's cooking if'en I could have kept up with the mileage.  I
was outranked by my parents wanting me to go to college right out of HS.
At 86 my mother is still trying to get me to forget the AT. This time I
know she won't succeed
but I may have to wait until she dies and do section hiking in the
south  as I am rapidly becoming her caretaker.
Oh well we all have  responsibilities.
Rogene