[at-l] Re: On topic if you carry a cell on the trail... OT iyou don't

Right -- flak from those who don't want to hear from experts advice
about how possibly they might reach a deeper level of "connectedness"
with Nature or "disconnectedness" with society.  In this "me" age, we
just can't bring ourselves to honor experts and heroes and founders
and leaders.  We want to bring everyone down to our level to justify
our own importance and expertise.  We want to find flaws with Benton
MacKaye, with Warren Doyle, with Jim and Ginny (note the spelling)
Owen, with anyone we disagree with.

If that is your personal philosophy, go ahead and live it, but I
choose to quest after better experience and wisdom than I possess and
I'm quite comfortable in seeking expertise from those who have gone
before me.  God bless Jim and Ginny for being so giving and caring to
share their hard earned wisdom.  I know I can't begin to compare
myself to them.  That doesn't mean I'm deteriorated, just less
experienced and wise.  When I stand in a quiet forest of old giant
trees, I am humbled.  There are giants here, too, and it is no sin to
be open and humble to their shared experiences.

Happy trails,

Solar Bear