[at-l] Re: A Walk in the Woods

In a message dated 6/1/2005 10:31:24 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jbullar1@twcny.rr.com writes:
*
*
*
More unfounded speculation. There is a fair degree of hubris in the above.
*
*
*

        Is it though Bullard? Most people agree Bryson covered little of the
through-hiking experience most people know - as well as miles. I think you
said you never hiked the Trail. I did and was made aware of ALDHA and the
Gathering through register information and Trail talk almost immediately. But I hiked
south from Katahdin in the fall and met those who were talking about it at
the time. I think 'hubris' is a little unfair. Perhaps 'experience' would be
more accurate. I personally doubt Bryson was unaware of who and what ALDHA was
and have words I could suggest for the suggestion he wasn't as well. In any
case, if he wasn't aware that only accents how ill-informed he was, and, since I
knew about ALDHA from my Trail experience, it also suggests he wasn't that
involved with the Trail Community. The man wrote the best selling book about the
AT for goodness' sakes...

   Let's see ALDHA - "Appalachian Long Distance Hikers Association." Hmmm...