[at-l] A Few Comments about the ATC - and LAND

Nightwalker writes:  I'll bet none of them have a little homestead on long--term family-owned
land.
:-)

Well, my relatives did and then the Western Europeans came and claimed they "discovered" it and had some crazy right to "own" it.

You cannot own land.  You can own what you build on the land, but you cannot own the land.  Land is dirt.  Dirt blows away with the wind.  Dirt moves with the tide.  Dirt slides down mountainsides.  Dirt is removed with the produce and then washed down the drain.  You cannot own what you cannot control.  The dirt can no more be controlled than the rain or the wind or the river.  You can build a dam, but you can't foresee that drought will lower the water level or that the rain that will overflow the banks of the lake, river, and roadway.  You can 'harness' wind-power, but you can't make the wind blow.

You cannot own land.  You think you own the land, but someone stronger than you will come and steal it from you, too.  And then you will join me in saying "you can't own land."

Coosa