[at-l] My gear...opinions please

What every said about the pack..too heavy and large. A
large pack WILL get filled up and WILL get heavier.

If you are new to backpacking, I would strongly
suggest going to a good outfitter who can fit a pack
properly for you.

You may pay slightly more, but the better fitting pack
will be worth it. On the plus side, smaller and
lighter packs tend to cost less, so you may not pay
all that more.

For most people hiking the AT, a 3500CI pack works
well.

--Thoreau
http://www.magnanti.com