[at-l] Re: history - was (no subject)

In a message dated 4/15/2005 7:13:45 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
TRich@FDIC.gov writes:

Just a  couple of points on this thread.  It's been said that the outlets
for  the Handbook are very limited, mainly through Dan's website.   While
the number of outlets may be limited, at least one large retailer,  REI,
carries both the Handbook and the Companion.  Last time I  checked, they
were out of the Companion and Data Book and had copies of the  Handbook.
I don't have any idea what their sales were for each  book.
**

Every outfitter I've been to sells Dans Thru-hikers Handbook.
It doesn't seem to be limited to his website, it's all over.
Seems to be selling well too. They all do, this time of the year.

hotdog