[at-l] About Journaling

> You begin to get to the areas where the subtlety of writing have a value
> that keyboarding lacks.

Just to throw in my two cents...

I've been journaling all my life.  I still do use paper and pencil when I
don't have access to a keyboard, but I find the process terribly tedious.  I
think a LOT faster than I can write, and I can write pretty fast.  As it is,
I can think faster than I can type, but I type 110 words a minute now and I
get into a real 'stream of consciousness thing'.  The keyboard and the
screen aren't impediments to me.  While journaling, I frequently just close
my eyes and let it all come out.  It's so natural for me that I don't even
notice it.  The words just come out of my fingers either way.  Quite often I
fill pages and pages without ever opening my eyes, and a lot of what I come
up with is truly amazing to me.

Shane