[at-l] Does anybody have an URSACK for sale?

I hiked from GA to ME in 2004 with no mice getting into my food at
any time.  Other hikers had problems.  I used a plastic trash bag for
my food bag for first 1/3 of my hike.  Then switched to a nylon stuff
sack (not waterproof).  All of my food was repacked in ziplocks.  In
Vermont I switched to a drybag.  I have observed that the mice
problems were greater at the very beginning of my hike and at the
very end.  The last three shelters in Maine were troublesome for me
with mice gnawing on my sleeping bag while I was in it to get at the
down.  They must be preparing nests for the winter.  Also,  I suspect
that many hikers did not observe LNT practices at the beginning of
their hikes, NOBO's and SOBO's.  So mice would proliferate at either
end of the AT.  Just a theory.  Of course it could also be weather
related.  It was cold in April and very cold in late October.  I
never saw a need for an URSACK.

Gabby
--

Life is Good!!!