[at-l] OT War & Hazardous Duty Pay - WAAY off topic

At 04:35 PM 8/4/2004 -0400, J Bryan Kramer wrote:
>Well I've yet to hear one dem come up with a list of reasons about why he is
>for Kerry without using the name Bush. None of you know what Kerry is for,
>of course since he has 8 positions on each question that might be the
>reason.
>
>  Tell me what has Kerry done in _20 Years_ in the Senate? No one seems to
>know. At least he didn't murder Mary Jo.
>
>Bryan

I guess if a position takes more than a single (short) sentence to state,
it must be multiple positions. You ought to do something about that
attention deficit disorder Bryan. As for the "Mary Jo" reference, 'guilt by
association with the same political party as someone else I don't like' is
an absurdly simplistic basis for deciding which candidate to vote for.

Turnabout is fair play so I have to ask... what is so attractive about
Bush? I won't repeat the list of the Bush blunders already posted by Steve
Adams but note instead an article in the Wall Street Journal about the 200
top business leaders that recently endorsed Kerry and his economic plan as
the best for the country. Many of the 200 were formerly Bush supporters.
One is quoted as saying "George is a really good guy personally. He had an
opportunity to bring the country together which was his MO in Texas. But
for reasons only his psychiatrist would know, he's chosen to do just the
opposite as president. He's turning out to be the worst president since
Millard Fillmore and that's probably an insult to Millard Fillmore."

In my own management training I learned the 'planning > implementation >
review > evaluation > planning' cycle for continuous improvement.
Apparently that wasn't part of Bush's MBA education which runs more like
'plan (in secret meetings to help supporters) > respond to crises with knee
jerk reactions and barroom cliches (i.e. "bring them on!") > discredit
critics/retroactively change objectives/blame others (choose one according
to the situation) > stay the course even if it isn't working as planned.

Why Kerry? Faced with a choice between an incumbent who is in over his
head, flailing about wildly and someone who is thoughtful and calm, I
choose the latter.