[at-l] Hiker Food / cake

Hiker Food will never be OT,
	WE all eat it, we have different ideas about nutrition and like
different things. I like to hear what others eat and about their
concerns or not for nutrition. It is all enlightening :-)
	I did a few more experiments on baking cakes / bread in my .9 L pot.
I finally hit on a plan that has worked very well several times in a
row. This procedure takes 50 minuets, two Esbits and a pot cozy. It
produces an 8 oz to 10 oz cake, cornbread or biscuit. So far with this
technique I have only used "just add water mixes", Chocolate chip
muffins, cheesy biscuit, cornbread mixes. I am sure something from
scratch will make a better more nutritious cake. I use a coffee filter
in place of paper cup type muffin pan liners.
	I have a small pan without lid that is the size and just slightly
taller than a coffee filter. The mix goes in a coffee filter inside
this small pan. The small pan goes inside my .9 L Titanium pot. First
I place inside the .9L pot the lid from an Altoid square box. This
provides a 1/4" high raised rest for the small cake pan to sit on. I
add enough water to the .9 L pan to just cover the pot rest.
	Light one Esbit and place the pot on. (with a wind screen of course)
After about ten min the first Esbit is almost burned out, add the
second Esbit. When the second Esbit is through move the pot to the
Cozy for 30 min. Yum now you have a half pound of hot fresh baked cake!
	I bet this same procedure will work well on other stove types with a
little tweaking. Another idea is to cut down a regular muffin pan to
make a three muffin insert for the .9L pan. This might cook with one
Esbit.

chase