[at-l] Burn First Aid Report Request {WAS Two questions for thelist - VA - Punchbowl to Tye River}

Well, I suspect the concern was that the water would
have been used to wash the wound and possibly abrade
away the blister that had formed. Removing the heat
and possibly using a splash of water to stop the
"cooking" would still be my first impulses.

Among the most important things is to avoid the
temptation to pop or remove the blister. While it
remains in place, it is a sterile cover for a bad
wound. Once you have medical care, removal may be a
good idea to allow topical antiseptic lotions and
inspection of the wound.

But in the woods, I'd splash it with cold water (not
ice) and protect the wound the best way feasible. I'd
elevate the wound if possible.

Bill...