[at-l] Hammock + pack question

Given that scenario you would need a hammock that is longer than your
height plus the length of the pack plus additional room to keep you from
bumping into it all night. In theory you could simply use Ed Speer's
formula (it's on the web site) for determining how long to make your
hammock and add the length of your pack to the formula.

OTOH if you put your pack on the ground under the hammock, it will be "at
hand" without cluttering up your sleep space. Any items you anticipate
needing during the night could be put into a netting gear loft that you
hang from the line holding up your rain fly.