[at-l] Hammock + pack question

Kelly,

I'm 6'7" and use a Hennessy Safari which is longer, rated at 250 lbs (not
sure he still makes this model as the Safari is now rated for 350lbs) and
weights between 3.5 lbs.  IMHO the fabric of the hammock is what limits the
weight and not the webbing/ropes.  Too much weight and the fabric will rip.

There isn't enough volume in the hammock for me and my pack unless it's
resting on me which wouldn't make for a good nights sleep.  A liter of
water, my camp sandals and headlamp get strung from the center ridge line at
my feet inside the hammock.  The rest of my gear including my pack goess
underneath the hammock on the ground.  A second pack cover over the front of
the pack completly protects the pack on the ground from weather.  Never had
a problem with the pack getting bothered as I'm usually not near a heavily
use campsite with a rodent population.  When I'm at a shelter I hang the
pack up in the shelter somewhere but sleep in the hammock.

Too Tall Paul

http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es