[at-l] Re: at-l Digest, Vol 6, Issue 24

In a message dated 10/22/03 13:08:20 Eastern Daylight Time,
at-l-request@mailman.backcountry.net writes:

> Yeah, I know, but some people do take it in the hammock with them, and I'd
> like to as well.  I've looked at the Speer hammocks, too, I just prefer the
> Hennessy, unless there's something about a Speer that makes it easier to
> bring your pack in with you?
>
> Kelly Whitman

At ALDHA Ed Speer had his hammock on display with the "Pea Pod" in place.  It
looks as if an empty backpack could be put into the "Pea Pod" under the
hammock (thereby keeping it safe from predators) yet close at hand.  The
convenience of a Speer Hammock with the removable Fly, Bug Net, etc., and the Pea Pod
sleeping bag cover providing warmth is a winner.

I have a Deluxe Clark Jungle Hammock and find that the pockets under the
hammock are very convenient.  I just place my Backpack next the to head end of my
hammock leaning against the tree the hammock hangs on.    The fly on the
Deluxe (extra large fly is 8x8) is large enough but the Speer is even larger
(8x10).  Both flys are free standing so they can be hung at various heights
depending if the night will be wet or clear.

Skylander