[at-l] In an emergency....

Nice thread. I think Charles Frank covered things
pretty well, although I'd look at the fire as more of
a signal, smokey fire, leaving pine boughs nearby to
try to get airplane attention.

One thing not mentioned by others, that little bit of
paper and pencil listed in most first aid kits:

If the injured person has an ID card, write your name,
time and date you leave and direction you have headed
out. Copy the victim's name and numbers on your paper,
time, date and a brief description of the accident
scene (in case you don't have GPS). Also describe the
injury, take a photo if possible. Get going and know
that you will recall all that you need.

OrangeBug