[at-l] Can money buy happiness article

From: "Bob C." <ellen@clinic.net>
Subject: Re[4]: [at-l] Can money buy happiness article

> ">... $175 million dollars."
>
> God. What $175 million would do. It would buy 900,000 acres of the most
> incredible wildland remaining in the lower 48 states. It would leverage
the
> purchase of three times that acreage.
>
> The frustrating thing is that there are people with that kind of money and
more.
> What a legacy they could buy if I could only reach them. What a benefit to
> future generations.
>
> Some problems are not solvable. Poverty, disease, are part of the human
> condition, and, I suspect, always will be. No matter how much the Gates of
the
> world contribute, disease will remain, poor people will remain. I applaud
> efforts to save, or, more accurately, prolong, lives.
>
> But I truly believe that "charity" that improves the human condition for
as long
> as the sun continues to make life possible on this earth is a far greater
gift
> to this and future generations -- a far greater gift to our children,
> grandchildren and future generations forever.
>
> Weary

Cool your jets Weary, I didn't win. I finally got around to checking. I was
already 99.99% certain that I didn't because if anyone local had won it, it
would be all over the radio and papers. They can tell where the winning
ticket was sold. Truth is my ticket was a clean miss, not a single matching
number. BTW, in your math you forgot Uncle Sam. I would not have received
the entire $175 million even if I had won. Please, let's *not* turn that
observation into a thread over taxes. It is just a statement of fact. That's
all.

Saunterer