[at-l] Can money buy happiness article

">... $175 million dollars."

God. What $175 million would do. It would buy 900,000 acres of the most
incredible wildland remaining in the lower 48 states. It would leverage the
purchase of three times that acreage.

The frustrating thing is that there are people with that kind of money and more.
What a legacy they could buy if I could only reach them. What a benefit to
future generations.

Some problems are not solvable. Poverty, disease, are part of the human
condition, and, I suspect, always will be. No matter how much the Gates of the
world contribute, disease will remain, poor people will remain. I applaud
efforts to save, or, more accurately, prolong, lives.

But I truly believe that "charity" that improves the human condition for as long
as the sun continues to make life possible on this earth is a far greater gift
to this and future generations -- a far greater gift to our children,
grandchildren and future generations forever.

Weary